Subject: [slackware-security] mozilla-firefox (SSA:2023-325-02)
From: Slackware Security Team <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 13:38:12 -0800 (PST)

[slackware-security]  mozilla-firefox (SSA:2023-325-02)

New mozilla-firefox packages are available for Slackware 15.0 and -current to
fix security issues.

Here are the details from the Slackware 15.0 ChangeLog:
+--------------------------+
patches/packages/mozilla-firefox-115.5.0esr-i686-1_slack15.0.txz:  Upgraded.
  This update contains security fixes and improvements.
  Thanks to zuriel for the taskbar icon fix on Wayland. :-)
  For more information, see:
    https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/115.5.0/releasenotes/
    https://www.mozilla.org/security/advisories/mfsa2023-50/
    https://www.cve.org/CVERecord?id=CVE-2023-6204
    https://www.cve.org/CVERecord?id=CVE-2023-6205
    https://www.cve.org/CVERecord?id=CVE-2023-6206
    https://www.cve.org/CVERecord?id=CVE-2023-6207
    https://www.cve.org/CVERecord?id=CVE-2023-6208
    https://www.cve.org/CVERecord?id=CVE-2023-6209
    https://www.cve.org/CVERecord?id=CVE-2023-6212
  (* Security fix *)
+--------------------------+

Where to find the new packages:
+-----------------------------+

Thanks to the friendly folks at the OSU Open Source Lab
(http://osuosl.org) for donating FTP and rsync hosting
to the Slackware project!  :-)

Also see the "Get Slack" section on http://slackware.com for
additional mirror sites near you.

Updated package for Slackware 15.0:
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-15.0/patches/packages/mozilla-firefox-115.5.0esr-i686-1_slack15.0.txz

Updated package for Slackware x86_64 15.0:
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware64-15.0/patches/packages/mozilla-firefox-115.5.0esr-x86_64-1_slack15.0.txz

Updated package for Slackware -current:
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-current/slackware/xap/mozilla-firefox-115.5.0esr-i686-1.txz

Updated package for Slackware x86_64 -current:
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware64-current/slackware64/xap/mozilla-firefox-115.5.0esr-x86_64-1.txz

MD5 signatures:
+-------------+

Slackware 15.0 package:
be656147bc1284ff03177a2f0439034a  mozilla-firefox-115.5.0esr-i686-1_slack15.0.txz

Slackware x86_64 15.0 package:
dbefe1e1e364ec89f9525f9a2159ec4b  mozilla-firefox-115.5.0esr-x86_64-1_slack15.0.txz

Slackware -current package:
aa672a0cd13111a53a2c7b8c391a1d47  xap/mozilla-firefox-115.5.0esr-i686-1.txz

Slackware x86_64 -current package:
80111c7f199e7ed618c30e4ef7b98185  xap/mozilla-firefox-115.5.0esr-x86_64-1.txz

Installation instructions:
+------------------------+

Upgrade the package as root:
# upgradepkg mozilla-firefox-115.5.0esr-i686-1_slack15.0.txz

+-----+

Slackware Linux Security Team
http://slackware.com/gpg-key
[email-masked]

+------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| To leave the slackware-security mailing list:                          |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Send an email to [email-masked] with this text in the body of |
| the email message:                                                     |
|                                                                        |
|   unsubscribe slackware-security                                       |
|                                                                        |
| You will get a confirmation message back containing instructions to    |
| complete the process.  Please do not reply to this email address.      |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------+